ALF. Season 1, episode 5 (uncut version)

Well, what it boils down to is we've
boil down to = summarize
got to take a closer look at our bills.

 [GRUNTING]

Hey, what's going on in here?

We're having a family meeting.

Oh, I get it. Freeze out the alien.
I get it =  I understand it
freeze smb out =  isolate someone, prevent them from taking part in an activity
I guess I'm not part of the family.

Alf, we thought you were watching

The Three Stooges.
The Three Stooges = were an American vaudeville and comedy act of the mid–20th century, best known for their numerous Columbia short subject films that are still syndicated on television.
I turned it off.

Somehow, I just can't buy Shemp as a surgeon.
buy = believe smth
Shemp = Sam Howard, an American actor  best known today for his role as the third stooge in the Three Stooges

Curly was a senator once.
Curly = Curly Howard, an American actor best known as the most outrageous member of the American farce comedy team the Three Stooges
True, and Moe was
Moe = Moe Howard, an American actor and comedian best known as the de facto leader of the Three Stooges
Speaker of the House.
Speaker of the House =  presiding officer of the United States House of Representatives.
Could we put an end to the Stooge talk here, for a minute?

Certainly.

[IMITATING CURLY]

[LAUGHS]

WILLIE:

We'd like to get back to our meeting.

Oh, yeah, the meeting I wasn't invited to.

It's about our family budget.

What did you think I was going to do?

Dominate the conversation?

- Be a nuisance?
nuisance = a person who causes some difficulty or trouble for someone else:
Most people found him an awful nuisance.
I don’t want to be a nuisance to anyone.
- No, Alf, nobody suggested...

Throw out a lot of pointless suggestions.
throw out = produce
- Interrupt everybody.

- We never said...

- Never let anyone get a word in.
get a word in = manage to say something while another person is talking a lot
- Alf!

- You can come to the meeting.

- No, thanks.

Let's just take a look at our electric bill.

It's three times what it used to be.

Maybe it's the porch light you
porch = veranda (American English)
leave on every time I go out.

Porch light stays.

And we've been keeping

the thermostat down to 70.

And I turn off the dryer as soon
(tumble) dryer = a machine used for drying clothes after they have been washed
as I wake up.

Well, we're just going... The dryer?

What do you mean "turn off the dryer"?

Why would you even turn it on?

To keep me company at night.
keep smb company = to spend time with someone so that they will not feel lonely:
Would you like me to stay and keep you company?
Why, is eight hours too long?

Yes.

What if I just leave it on Delicates?
delicates are clothes that need to be washed with special care
Leave it off.

Now, let's get back

to rest of our money problems.

No chance of your getting a

better job, I suppose.

I like my job. The money's fine.

Who made this call to Munich?

Munich, Germany?

Munich? That has to be a mistake.

No, it's not.

You called Munich? Why?

- Remember the vacuum cleaner I broke?

- Yeah.

The repair place said...

...they couldn't get the chicken salad

out of the impeller blade...
impeller blade

...and they had to send it to

Germany for an overhaul.
overhaul = to take apart and repair a machine in order to make it work better:
The hot-water and drainage systems have to be overhauled.
That doesn't explain why

you'd call Germany.

Hey, I believe in following

things through.

Let's move on to another problem.

Food.

I'm going to go get some cookies.

 [CHIPS CRUNCHING]

I don't think all of us are aware
be aware of smth = know about a situation or a fact
how much food costs.

We're all out of macaroons.
macaroon = a type of biscuit made from sugar, egg white, and nuts


macaroons photo by Olga Khomitsevich

All we got are chocolate chips.
chocolate chips = small pieces of chocolate

chocolate chips photo by Sarah К

Let alone how much food is being
Let alone = used for saying that something is even less likely to happen than another unlikely thing:
I hardly have time to think these days, let alone relax.
consumed, for that matter.

Is something wrong?

You're eating all our food.

All the food?

 [CRUNCHING]

Except the stuff that lands on the floor.

Okay, I'm beginning to realize

what this is all about.

You all think I'm a parasite.
parasite = a lazy person who lives by getting money, food etc from other people
No one thinks you're a parasite.

All right, a freeloader.
freeloader = someone who expects to get food, money, or a place to stay from someone else, without giving anything in return
Freeloader is closer.

How about sponger?
sponger = someone who asks for money and other things from someone such as a friend or relative and makes no effort to give them anything or to pay for anything themselves
Where did you ever hear that word?

That's what you called him last week.

Oh, I see.

Let's just settle on parasite and move on.

Fine. If you want me,

I'll be in my room...

...not wasting money.

 [PIANO PLAYING]

 [SINGING]

I just checked into the Parasite Hotel

They ain't got a porter or a bell
ain't = a way of saying ‘am not’, ‘is not’, ‘are not’, ‘has not’, or ‘have not’. Many people consider ‘ain’t’ to be incorrect.
I checked into that Parasite Hotel

- Alf?

- Oh, I'm sorry.

Was I playing too loud?

I didn't know

you could play the piano.

Well, I was winging it. It's tough to play
wing it = to do something without preparation or plans:
I’ll have to wing it if I can’t find my notes.
without the red keys.
Usually pianos have black and white keys (you press them on a musical instrument to make it produce sounds)
You seem kind of down.
down = be unhappy or sad
Maybe I'm just being

overly sensitive about...

...being called a freeloader,

sponger and parasite.

Oh, Alf.

We didn't mean to call you
mean = intend
any of those things.

You just happened to catch us

in a moment of...

Honesty.

It's just a matter of making

a few adjustments.

- You know, we...

- No need to lay it out, Kateski.

I hear you loud and clear.
loud and clear = clearly expressed and easy to understand
I've got to get a job.

- A job?

- That's right.

It's nose to the grindstone time
(with your) nose to the grindstone = working very hard
for this parasite.

But, um, what could you even do?

Well, on Melmac, I owned and operated

my own Phlegm dealership.
phlegm = a thick yellow or green substance that you get in your nose and throat, especially when you have a cold
Phlegm dealership?

Ever drive one?

The Phlegm Turbo was a classic.

 [SIGHS]

There must be some other options.

Well, there was a sun roof.
sunroof = a part of a roof of a car that can be opened
But it was best to keep it closed.

Alf, you don't need to get a job.

Listen, if you really want

to contribute...

...we'll give you a few chores to do
chores = ordinary jobs that must be done regularly:
You can go and play after you’ve done your chores.
around the house. How would that be?

You mean fluffing up pillows,
fluff up = shake something so that more air goes into it and it becomes larger and softer:
Fluff the pillows after you use them.
stuff like that?

Well, no, but you could help

fold laundry, load the dishwasher.

No, no, not that.

We'll think of something.

Don't worry about it.

Chores. Fine for the Beaver,
beaver this animal is a symbol of someone very hard-working in English:
He is as busy as a beaver. New volunteers are always eager beavers.


but not exactly tycoon territory.
tycoon = a rich and powerful person who is involved in business or industry
No, I've gotta find a way
gotta = got to
to earn money now.

But how?

"Looking for a way to

earn money now?

Call this toll free number."
toll free number = in the US, a toll-free telephone number is one that you can call without having to pay
Opportunity knocks.

Hello! Yeah, when do I start?

Huh?

Oh, oh, Alf, my name is Alf.

Yeah. Have I earned any money yet?

What do you mean,

I have to sell something first?

All right, fine.

Send it here and I'll sell it.

167 Hemdale. It's a beige house.

You can't miss it.

Yeah, great. Oh, wait a minute.

Before I forget, one more question.

What am I going to be selling?

- Alf, this package is for you.

- Oh, it's here! Yeah!

- What's here? What is it?

- Can I open it?

Hey, hey, hey. Come on.

Let's not get impatient, shall we?

Tastefully packaged.

Well, I guess so.

Alf, these are cosmetics.

That's right, cosmetics.

This must be the earlobe freshener.
earlobe = the soft part at the bottom of ear
Alf, what are you doing

with cosmetics?

Huh? Oh, didn't I tell you? I got a job.

I'm a Terry Faith girl.
Terry Faith = imaginary makeup company for which ALF becomes a sales representative in order to make money for himself.
Terry Faith was originally from Dayton, Ohio, where her body is preserved in a crystal casket at the Terry Faith Museum near the Terryland Hotel.
I thought you were an alien.

Why can't I have

the best of both worlds?

But how can you sell

Terry Faith cosmetics?

Lynn, honey, I know exactly

what you're gonna say.
gonna = going to
I can't do the public number, right?
do the public number = communicate with customers
Well, just send that worry packing.
send smb packing = make someone leave a place:
They had a huge row, and she sent him packing.

I make it all happen over the phone.

Don't you have to know

about makeup before you sell it?

That's the great thing about this company.

They welcome ignorance.
ignorance = lack of knowledge or facts about a situation or a particular subject
- Have you ever had a Terry Faith facial?
facial = a beauty treatment in which someone rubs your face and puts creams on it in order to improve your skin
- Can't say that I have.

You don't know anything about this stuff.
stuff = thing
Honey, honey, that's why we have this book.

The Wonderful World of Terry Faith Cosmetics.

Let's check it out here.
check it out = to look at someone or something to see whether you like them
Have you checked out the local sports centre yet?
Here we go.
Here we go = this phrase is said when something is starting to happen:
"Here we go," thought Fred, "she's sure to say something."
"Terry Faith was born outside of Dayton, Ohio...

...at a bend in the road,

near the turn of the century."
the turn of the century = the time around the end of one century/year and the beginning of the next (so probably Terry Faith was born between 1898 and 1902)
What does it say about how to give a facial?

Wanna hear about the early years?
wanna = want to
- I do.

- I don't. Let's skip to the facial part.
skip to = not do something, but to do the next thing instead;
Let’s skip that page and go on to the next chapter.
All right, okay. Here we go.

"Chapter One, The Facial Part."

Here, hold this. Let's see here.

This must be the stuff.
stuff = used for talking about a substance or material when you do not know the correct name:
What’s that sticky stuff in your hair?
Get me some of that stuff for fixing windows.
Come on, Lynn, get down here.
get down = squat down
Let's give it a shot.
give it a shot = a chance or attempt to do or get something; give a try
Says, "Apply liberally
liberally = a lot; generously
to customer's face and neck."

What do you think?

- Just a little bit.

- Yeah, yeah, okay.

 [HUMMING]

Oh, yeah.

- Yeah, there, it's going on real smooth.

- Just a little bit.

- It says apply liberally.

- Okay, okay. Apply liberally.

- All right, that's what I'm doing.

- All right.

Here we go. I'm applying it.

Good. Now, now for cheek color...

...I think Terry suggests something like...

..."Evening Lobster."

- Can I see a mirror?

- Not yet.

Now I want you to suck

in those cheeks real tight. Like this.

Super. Let's do this.

There we go. Oh, oh.

Yeah, yeah.

Here, missed a spot right there.

- Great.

- Okay. Now, can I see a mirror?

- I don't think you want to.

- My work speaks for itself.

Come one, let me have it.

I'm going to go wash my face.

- You didn't let it harden.

- Before it hardens.

Brian, I'm in business.

My freeloader days are numbered.
smb’s days are numbered = someone or something is not likely to continue in a particular situation or to exist much longer:
His days in the team are probably numbered.
- What about your parasite days?

- Hey, come on now.

Just help me pack this stuff up and carry it to my room.

 [TELEPHONE RINGS]

Hello? Just a minute.

Alf, it's for you.

Someone named Ginger.

Oh, great, great.

Thanks. Hello.

Ging, darling. I just got the package.

It's divine.
divine = extremely good or pleasant
Yeah, the lipsticks? I didn't know

there were so many luscious colors.
luscious = very attractive in a sexual way, e.g. luscious lips
Yeah. Oh, that Tangerine Tango

is exquisite.
exquisite = extremely beautiful and delicate:
an exquisite hand-painted vase from China
What? Couple of extra cases?

Oh, yeah. No problem. Yeah, yeah.

Send them over. I'll move them.
move = to get rid of something by selling it:
We couldn’t move the stuff even at half the price.
Yeah, just put it on my account.

Yeah, okay, thank you. Ciao.

All right, Brian.

 [SINGING]

I'm checking out of the Parasite Hotel
checking out of (a hotel) = leave the hotel after paying
Gonna move that mousse
gonna = going to
And styling gel

- It's too quiet.

- For reading?

For the house. Where's Alf?

Oh, I don't know. He could be resting.

He could be reading.

He could be carrying our towels through the den.
den = a room in a house where someone goes to relax and be alone
Excuse me, Alf? Why are you carrying

our towels through the den?

Aren't we a Curious George tonight?
Curious George = Curious George is the protagonist of a series of popular children's books by the same name. The books feature a curious brown monkey named George, who is brought from his home in Africa.
 [RINGS]

Hello?

We'd like an answer to that question.

- It's for you. Someone named Ginger.

- Oh, here. Hold this, hold this.

Hello?

Hi, Ging. Yeah, what's cooking?
what's cooking? = what’s going on, what’s happening?
Uh-huh. Yeah, uh-huh.

How's Oscar's hernia?
hernia = a medical condition in which an organ pushes itself through the wall of muscles around it
Oh, good. That's good news.

Oh, Ging, I couldn't agree more.

Yeah, those hunting sachets are going to be very hot.
sachet = a small sealed bag or packet containing a small quantity of something
Yeah, yeah, send me a ton of those.

Hunting sachets?

Newcomer of the month, moi?
newcomer = someone who has recently started to do something or be involved in something
moi = used for referring to yourself in a humorous way. Moi is the French word for ‘me’:
‘Don’t be sarcastic.’ ‘Sarcastic, moi?’
Well, I don't know what to say.

I'm floored. I'm agog.
be floored = to make someone feel so surprised and confused that they cannot react:
The question floored him completely.
be agog = excited and interested
I'm absolutely silly.

ALF:

Yeah, look. Gotta run, hon.
gotta = got to
hon = short for ‘honey’
Love to Brigette and Peg. Bye-bye.

 [MAKES KISSING SOUNDS]

All right. All right.

Let's just start at the beginning.

Who's Ginger?

And why are you talking to her

about hunting sachets?

And, if you'll pardon my ignorance,

what are hunting sachets?

All right. I was gonna tell you anyway.

I have a job.

- A what?

- A job.

I'm in the rouge-slinging game.
rouge = red or pink cosmetic for coloring the cheeks or lips
sling = sell drugs
- What?

- That's trade lingo for beauty rep.
lingo = the words that are mainly used by people who do a particular activity or job:
the usual bureaucratic lingo
rep = short for ‘representative’
beauty rep is a sales representative who sells cosmetics, such as Avon, Oriflame, etc.
- What?

- I'm selling cosmetics.

Alf, I thought we decided against

your getting a job.

This isn't a job.

It's a glittering, fast-paced career.
glittering = used for describing situations that involve rich, famous, or successful people: a glittering career
fast-paced = moving very quickly
If I play my cards right, I can bring
play one’s cards right = work or negotiate correctly and skillfully:
If you play your cards right, you can get whatever you want.
home twice what the civil servant does.

The civil servant doesn't need

you to sell cosmetics.

The civil servant is doing just

fine, thank you very much.

Mom, where are all the tow...

Oh, the towels are in here.

Alf, Alf was just about to tell us why.
be about to do smth = be going to do smth

Well, maybe he needed

some storage space.

You can drop the cover, Lynn.
cover = a false story that is used for hiding who someone really is or what is really going on
I've blown the lid off
lid = cover
of Operation Makeup.

Lynn, you mean, you knew

about this and didn't tell us?

Well, Alf asked me not to say anything...

...until he made enough money

to bail out the civil servant.
bail out = help a person or organization that is having problems, especially financial problems
Yeah. I mean I finally feel like

a productive member of society.

I'm pulling my weight, Willie.
pull/carry one’s weight = do your share of work:
He wasn’t pulling his weight, so he had to go.
By selling cosmetics?

Yeah, Dad, he's really excited

about working. Let's give him a chance.

Wait till you check out these goods.
check out = look at someone or something to see whether you like them
Have you checked out the local sports centre yet?
I'll be right back.

You know, Willie, honey, it is kind of

nice that he wants to help us out.

Well, I guess we should be

supportive for a while.

Then if he does manage to show

a profit, not that we need it.
not that = used for adding a negative statement that reduces the effect or the importance of what you have just said:
We forgot to leave our number – not that it matters; they can always ask Julie.
All right, here we go.

Sit down, Katydid.
Katydid = ALF calls Kate ‘Katydid’ probably referring to a well-known children’s book  by Susan Coolidge. It follows the adventures of a twelve-year-old American girl, Katy Carr, and her family who live in the fictional lakeside Ohio town of Burnet in the 1860s. The book title is a play on the katydid,

 a species of cricket – which explains the insects on the first edition book cover.

Let's try to reverse


the ravages of time.
ravages = the damage or destruction caused by something such as war, disease, or weather:
The building had withstood the ravages of time.
- What?

- Hey, come on, don't fight it, Kate.

- It happens to everyone, all right?

- Willie, do I look old?

Why are you even listening to him?

He is a beauty consultant.

Kate, honey, listen to me, all right?

And I mean this.

It's not that you look old...

...it's just that a woman

of such radiant beauty...

...should let her lasting

loveliness bloom...

...with the passage of time.

WILLIE: Oh, brother.

- No, let him talk.

We're all gonna be supportive.

Remember?

All right, Alf. Maybe I'll buy something.

What do you recommend?

Well, I say that...

...our Sub-Reflective

Chin-Buffing Paste is a must.
buff = make something shine by rubbing it with something such as a soft cloth
- Really? How much is that?

- Fifty dollars.

Or twenty.

How much you got?

- Five.

- Sold.

You got a real flair
flair = an attractive, skilful, or interesting way of doing something:
She always dresses with flair.
for the business end of the thing, too.
the business end = the part of a tool, piece of equipment, or weapon that does the main work
Hey, I didn't get voted

Newcomer of the Month for nothing.

How could you be voted

Newcomer of the Month?

You haven't sold anything yet.

Ha! It's not how much you sell.

It's how much you buy.

 [DOORBELL RINGS]

- Exactly how much did you buy?

- I'll have to check my Day Planner.

- William Tanner?

- Yes?

Got a delivery here

from the Terry Faith company.

Hold it, wait just a minute.

I'm not signing anything.

No signatures necessary.

This was all paid for over the phone.

I'll be back with the rest when

I get a bigger truck. Keep the faith.
keep the faith = keep believing
It might be a play on words, as the company name is Terry Faith.
Four thousand dollars.

Yeah, that matches my total.

Alf, how were you able to purchase

4000 dollars worth of makeup?

Plastic. I put it on your Visa.
put smth on = record something in an account so that someone can pay for it later:
Can you put the drinks on my bill, please?
Oh, incidentally, you're over your limit.

You used my credit card

to buy 4000 dollars worth of makeup?

Hey, what choice did I have?

Banks don't give a line of credit

to people with one name.

Except Madonna.

I don't believe this.

Come on, you'll get it all back.

The markup on this stuff
markup = the amount of money that someone who sells goods adds to the price that they paid for the goods in order to make a profit
is outrageous.
outrageous = shocking
Here, look. You're already

five bucks ahead.

Alf! Alf, what do you do

when the stuff turns green?

Let's see here.

Dayton, Dayton. Her first marriage.
Dayton is the sixth largest city in the state of Ohio
Puffy eyes. The return to Dayton.
puffy = swollen
Oh, here we go.

"When Things Turn Green."

What, you going to leave the kid

looking like that?

Lynn, go help your brother take

his makeup off.

Okay. Come on.

You have abused the trust of this
abuse =  use something in a bad, dishonest, or harmful way
family far too long.

You're grounded. No phone,
ground =  punish a child or young person by stopping them from going to places that they enjoy:
His parents grounded him for two weeks for smoking.
no television, no nothing...

...until we get this makeup mess
straightened out.
get smth straightened out = deal with a problem or a confused situation:
A team of accountants was brought in to straighten out the firm’s finances.

My career really threatens you,

doesn't it, Willie?

Yes, financially.

Life's funny.

You try and help someone out...

...and boom, they turn on you
turn on = suddenly start angrily criticizing someone or shouting at them
like a wild animal.

 [DOORBELL RINGS]

- If that's another of your delivery men...

- No, that's probably the girls.

- The girls?

- I'm sorry. The women.

- What women?

- The customers.

The ones coming

to the Terry Faith party.

That's what the towels were for.

It is. It's women.

You are not to entertain customers

in this house.

Of course, I'm not. You are.

What do you mean, we are?

I was trying to explain it to you.

See, your role

in the Terry Faith sales family...

...is to play host and hostess

to my customers.

If that means selling your

makeup, forget it.

Willie, Willie, these products sell themselves.

You don't have to do a thing.

Except entertain a house full of strangers.

Relax. They'll be wearing name tags.

Oh, and by the way, don't take any personal checks.

 [KNOCKING ON DOOR]

- Willie.

- Don't worry. Don't worry.

I'm gonna put an end
put an end = stop
to this right now.

- Ladies...

- Oh, what a beautiful house.

- You must be Alf.

- Hi, no, I'm not Alf.

Oh, then you must be his assistant, Willie.

- Where's Alf?

- Alf is at a...

Board of Director's meeting.

Yes, right. Ladies, if I may have your

attention, please, about these products...

Willie, you don't have to sell us.

The products sell themselves.

I'll have an espresso.

That sounds good. Could you

sprinkle a little cinnamon on mine.

And don't bother to heat the strudel.

Espresso. Strudel.

Ladies, I don't know what Alf told

you about these cosmetics.

Oh, never mind, here they are.

Is it okay if we open these now?

No, no, that's not a good idea.

No, no.

- How's that espresso coming?

- And the strudel.

I'll see.

Oh, Willie, did the Mutton-Free
mutton = is the meat from an adult sheep
Eye Solvent finally come in?
solvent = a liquid used for dissolving a solid substance so that it becomes part of the liquid
Kate!

Tell the gals to hang on.
gals = girls
The food is on its way.

Cinnamon.

What am I doing? We don't even have

an espresso machine.

Too bad. It's kind of standard

at these parties.

Let them start on these.

I'll make some instant.
instant coffee can be prepared in a very short time by adding hot water
You're not making anything.

The party's over.

Willie's not doing

his card tricks again, is he?

Hi! Oh, come in. Look what we've got.

What until you see,

they've got all the shades.

Oh, Willie, I don't wanna ruin my manicure.

Would you rub this in for me?

Oh...

- Where?

- Wherever I need it.

- Willie?

- Oh, hi, Kate...

...uh, can we change a 100 dollar bill?

A hundred dollars?

Willie, never mind the change.

I'll take this and the Guacamole

Skin Toner and we'll call it even.
be even = if two people are even, neither of them owes the other anything:
Jane paid for the food and I got the drinks, so we’re even.
Guacamole Skin Toner.

I've got to have some of that.

Oh, did someone say guacamole?

- Willie, what's going on?

- I don't know.

- But I think we sold something.

- Willie, will you take a personal check?

I don't know. Should we?

ALF: Get some ID.
ID = a document that gives the details of your name, address, and date of birth, sometimes with a photograph:
I had to show my ID before I was allowed into the building.
- Get some ID.

I think I bought enough to qualify for the luggage.

- What luggage?

- Alf told me I get my choice...

...of either soft-sided or mock Naugahyde.
mock = not real but intended to look or seem real
Naugahyde is an artificial material designed to resemble leather, made from fabric coated with rubber or vinyl resin.
I'd like to see them

before I make my choice.

I don't know what you're talking about, lady.

Alf said you'd try to talk me out of it.
talk smb in/out of smth = persuade someone to do something or not to do something:
I talked her into going to London with me.
His father talked him out of moving out.
Myrna, forget the luggage.

Just buy another 200 dollars

worth and take the trip to Dayton.

You'll love the museum.

It's marvelous.

Great idea!

- You think we're doing the right thing?

- I don't know, we've got no choice.

We're in this up to our necks.
up to one’s neck = involved in a difficult situation, or with more work to do than you can deal with
Necks? That reminds me. Willie, dear,

where is that Neck Tightener I ordered?

Coming, Bunny.

I'll be right back, dear.

Cheez Whiz?
Cheez Whiz is thick and processed cheese sauce sold by Kraft Foods
Tanner, the rest of your stuff is here.

Should I back the truck up to the door or what?

- Well, all the figures are in.

- How much did we make?

Not so fast. I need a drum roll.
drum roll = a continuous series of beats on a drum, especially when something exciting is going to happen
Just tell us.

I'm not telling until I get a drum roll.

Will you give me that.

Wow, we did pretty well.

Pretty well? We made it all

back, plus a small profit.

Oh, boy. Can we get an air hockey table?
air hockey is a game for two competing players trying to score points in the opposing player's goal using a table having a special low-friction playing surface.
air hockey table


No. I think we'll just use this money to

pay for that phone call to Munich.

If we have a few more of these parties...

No more parties. No more makeup.

No more Terry Faith.

Well, I want you all to know how much

I appreciate your giving me the chance.

You came through for me,
come through = do something that you have agreed or promised to do
and it all worked out...

...and now I've got something for you.

Lynn, tell them what they've won!

You've just won a beautiful set of mock Naugahyde luggage.

Alf, that is really, really sweet.

It looks just like real Naugahyde.

And that's only the beginning, folks.

Because next week we'll be packing those bags...

...and leaving for beautiful Dayton...
leave for = travel to
...where we'll be spending

three days and two nights...

...at the beautiful Terryland Hotel!

You'll be dancing and dining in the

beautiful Eye Shadow Lounge...

...and visiting the Terry Faith Museum...

...where Terry herself is on display...

...gorgeously preserved in the revolving crystal casket.
casket is a coffin for a dead body (in American English)
To preserve the dignity of this monument...

...there will be no flash photography.

No comments:

Post a Comment